Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Lazy Me

I am one lazy life form.  Today I went through my classroom fridge and pulled out eight or nine tupperware dishes that had collected over time.  I do have a sink in my classroom, so for about forty seconds, I actually contemplated undergoing the very reasonable task of washing the dishes and bringing them home.  But then, quite suddenly, all of the plastic dishes somehow magically propelled themselves from my hands into the trash can about eight feet away.  When I entered the house after work today, the first words out of my mouth were, "We need new tupperware."

One of my students today threatened to burn my car down.  I know, *gasp*, but it was actually part of a bad joke.  At any rate, I asked said-student if I could choose which vehicle he decided to douse with kerosene, because my 2007 HHR was getting really dirty.  Washing your car can be a pain in the ass, and Lord knows I'll never actually cough up the change to pay for a real car wash.  I'd really love to just take that insurance money and buy a new one...nice and clean.  Like I said: Lazy.  It's lucky that we don't qualify for a new house every year, or else we'd be moving every time the spring-cleaning season arrived.

Despite my inherent laziness, my homeroom class won the Red Ribbon Week poster contest...first place!  Today we enjoyed our reward:  An ice-cream party early this morning in 45 degree weather.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Red Ribbon Week award. As a past classroom Mom several times over, I can appreciate the work and competition involved.

    I'm guilty of throwing away containers I was too afraid to open, unless it is official Tupperware which I am guilted into cleaning because it is the good stuff. If only you taught high school, it could have given someone a great science project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melinda! You are absolutely right--the poster competition was extremely time-consuming. I think we dropped a few state standards this week in order to finish it on time (students don't REALLY need to know the difference between an adverb and a preposition, right?).

    Most of the tupperware was the cheapie-kind, but two of them were *gulp* the really nice ones. But laziness and disgust over the mysterious contents prevailed. I think the odor released into my room simply from opening the fridge was a science project in of itself, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's see a pic of the winning product!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...funny post!
    Congrats on your poster Jo! I told you it was a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Pain in the ass" In all the years of working near parking lots and having a female driver living with me I've come to the conclusion that much like bathrooms, women have more trouble keeping a vehicle clean then men do. Why, I haven't the faintest clue.
    I love taking a perfectly filthy vehicle and burning up a day or two restoring it to a fully detailed, ultra clean ride. I actually stopped detailing the toaster one day to see how long it would take for the wife to ask me to clean it. She clocked in right around 3 months. It killed me seeing the toaster just get dirter and dirter, the interior filling up with loose papers, cups and bottles, toys, and food pumpkin would drop.
    It was nice seeing it shine again. when we lived at the stripper house my buddy would come over and we'd detail our vehicle together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate to say it, but I've thrown tupperware away because it's easier than washing it. I've also disposed of silverware and once a pot. I'm a lazy creature, too, from time to time. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!