Monday, December 3, 2018

Early Resolution

Here are two entries I posted when I first started blogging over nine years ago:


I've talked about this before, but I'm going to say it again. I think I had it right back then. My posts were short and to the point, with very little context. I never felt pressure to give a bunch of updates or to post 'quality' material; I just wrote whatever nonsense popped in my head, which made me love blogging and stick with it. Unlike now, where blogging is a burden. Every time I sign on, I think "How can I possible make up for four months of no blogging?"

The answer is, I can't. And who cares. 

My New Year's resolution is to start blogging again, even if that means short obscure entries that leave readers (assuming I have any visages of those left) scratching their heads. But like any goal, I need something measurable. So how about a minimum of one post a week? 

So, here we go: 
New Year's Resolution #1: 
I will write a short and lame post once a week.

Another kick-ass resolution, right up there with 2017 in which I resolved to be boring. Or 2016 in which I vowed to be a hermit crab stuffed in a glass bottle. (It might be time to read a book on all of this resolution-making business).


8 comments:

  1. JOOOODIIII! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!!! I STOPPED BY A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO TO SEE IF YOU MENTIONED BLACK LILIES AND I SOMEHOW MISSED IT AND YOU WEREN'T HERE!

    Hi! ^_^
    Random is a good style and it's awesome. Plus being random is super fun. I took a class with a girl once who called us random folks electron people, so I've called myself Queen Electron ever since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KRYYYYYYSTAL!

      Hi girly. :)
      It's always a pleasure to see Krystal and Krystal Plus both comment on one post. :P

      ~Jodi

      Delete
    2. I should be calling you QUEEN ELECTRON! That's the best.

      Delete
  2. I think this is a wonderful resolution. I'm eager to see the fruit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's totally okay to show up after four months without apologies and do your thing. At least, I hope so... cause that's about where I'm at. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. And I don't usually apologize 'per say', but there's always some speech, like "I know it's been forever since I last blogged but blah blah blah...." I'm done with all that.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment!